1. Is there really permanent hair removal?
No definitive, but if prolonged waxing. Both laser hair removal and pulsed light makes the hair follicle into a resting phase.
2. What is Intense Pulsed Light? (IPL)
Intense Pulsed Light, also known as IPL, is a device that by emitting light waves time intervals. This system is used for hair removal, Facelifts, tratamientos vasculares, acne and tattoo removal, inter alia. La luz pulsada utiliza distintos filtros según el tipo de piel y pelo.
3. What is meant by laser hair removal?
It is the removal of hair by means of light energy. Todos los equipos láser actúan emitiendo una luz que debe ser absorbida por la melanina (skin pigment) cells responsible for the generation of the hair shaft are heated and destroyed.
To manage the various teams need to know the characteristics of the hair (Caliper or thickness and the amount of pigment) and the characteristics of the skin: (phototype and dermis thickness).
4. What types of lasers are?
- Ruby laser: are indicated in light phototype and dark hair.
- Alexandrite laser: fototipos for more dark. As refrigerant gas system emplean, gel o aire frío. It is quite fast. Some systems require no pre-shaving and other. Disadvantage: is not the most suitable for very dark skin types or for facial hair removal.
- Diode laser: used for darker skins. As cooling system uses sapphire crystal in contact with skin. Need a pre-shaving so it is not the most used for facials.
- Neodymium Yag Laser: can treat all skin types but is less effective.
5. What is best laser or IPL?
For my taste both are good hair removal systems, are very similar in how each acts. The difference is that the pulsed light covers a greater range of skin types and hair colors and in the case of the laser there are different types depending on skin tone and hair. Para elegir tu sistema de depilación prolongada lo mejor es dejar la decisión en manos de un experto que evalúe según tu piel, your hair and the area to be waxed.
6. Who does not work prolonged waxing?
As the laser only works on areas with melanin, is not efficient for white or very light hair.
7. When do not need to use these types of hair removal?
- If your skin is freshly tanned.
- Varicose veins and blood clotting problems.
- Cases of the acute infection fiebre.
- If you suffer from photosensitivity by disease or drugs.
8. When do you need to take precautions and ask a doctor before?
- If you suffer risk of keloid scarring.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Si tu piel es muy pigmentada.
- States inmunodepresión.
- Diabetes in controlled.
- History of herpes.
9. What are possible side effects?
- Transient erythema (redness of the area).
- Perifollicular edema (inflammation).
- Pain during treatment.
- Other, although they are less frequent: Foliculitis, hyperpigmentation, crusts, Purple, erosions, scars, fotofobia, transient increase in hairiness, palpebral edema and if not used right the laser machine, some minor damage to the eyes.
10. What are the main recommendations for prolonged waxing?
- Before starting treatment, making a professional assessment, determining characteristics of the hair (color, thickness, growth stage), Skin (fototipo) and the area to try to choose the most appropriate and most effective laser procedure.
- Not be exposed to UV rays after treatment
- During the session using special goggles
- In some cases it is necessary to shave the area before applying the laser except in the facial area.
- The skin should be clean and free of grease, creams, deodorant or drugs at the time of laser or IPL epilation
11. How often should conduct the sessions?
The interval between sessions, will depend on different factors (treatment area, possible hormonal problems, intensity used, etc). Al comenzar un tratamiento, sessions can be a time of 6 weeks for facials and up 3 months body, between them.
12. How many sessions are needed?
The number of sessions required depends on the hair color, Skin phototype, and the area to be treated.
13. How long does a session?
The length of sessions depends on the treatment area. It can vary between about ten minutes (upper lip) and up to several hours if large areas (legs, back ...).
14. Does it hurt prolonged waxing?
Yes and no… depends on the person and the area being treated. I have little tolerance for pain and there are areas where it hurts and other times it just feels intense heat or mild discomfort. For those who have little tolerance, You can use a topical anesthetic.
After the session, la zona tratada aparece enrojecida y ese eritema puede persistir hasta el día siguiente. The redness is sometimes concentrated around the hair and is known as perifollicular edema. It is transient and is a sign that the removal has been effective.
15. Does the prior advice of a dermatologist is required?
For my taste if, thus to provide a history or adverse side reactions and patient characteristics that meet may be very important in the treatment is performed to apply: hormonal alterations, use of drugs that can be harmful for hair removal, factores hereditarios etc.
There are certain cases where this treatment is absolutely contraindicated and others in which you have to take special precautions.
16. ¿De qué dependerá la eficacia del tratamiento?
There are fundamental factors that make your treatment work, as choosing the right system for you, Used machines are in good condition, that treatment is successful, etc.
The effectiveness of treatment depends largely on the color of skin and hair, and the thickness of this, the depth at which you are located and their stage of development. As a rule, is more effective in patients with light skin and dark hair and thick.